This Event is brought to you by the greater Los Angeles Exit Planning Institute (EPI) Chapter and the City of Industry Chamber of Commerce.
For Questions, call Melisa Silverman at (818) 758-8457.
October 9, 2018
refreshments and parking
included in the costs
Pacific Palms Resort
One Industry Hills Parkway
City of Industry, CA 91744
The LA Business Owner’s Forum 2018 Expert Panel Sessions include:
7:00AM – 7:30AM
Reception, Breakfast and Networking
7:30AM – 7:45AM
Welcome and Introductions
7:45AM – 8:30AM
Identifying and Protecting the Value of Your Business
Understand why identifying the value of the business is so important at the beginning of the planning process.
- Learn about using Business and Personal Assessments to identify gaps, issues, opportunities, and what is and is not important to the businesses and business owner(s).
- Associate the reasons for identifying all of the business owner’s assets, which is so important to planning for the business exit and overall future.
- Recognize your current business and personal risk levels through a discussion of insurance, contingency planning , and business continuity risk exists in the business and the personal lives of the business owner(s).
The Founders Group
Icon Wealth & Legacy Advisors
8:30AM – 9:15AM
Building Value for the Business and the Business Owners(s) Family
This session will focus on discussing the personal planning and business improvements that should be made in the family and to the business to increase the enterprise value, making the business more marketable and providing the tools for the family to achieve success or their family’s desires and aspirations.
Fran Lotery, PhD
J. Power Consulting
9:15AM – 9:30AM
9:30AM – 10:15AM
Preparation for the Transfer of Value – Legal, Financial, and Personal Factors to Consider
Tools that should be addressed in the planning process may include:
- Development of audited financials and pro forma projections;
- Performing a benchmark valuation to compare to the baseline valuation:
- Legal review of contracts, corporate documents, IP, etc.;
- Preparation for the business and legal due diligence phase; and
- Estate, Tax and Charitable Planning Options for the business owners.
Jewish Community Foundation
10:15AM – 11:00AM
- Examine the internal and external exit strategies and the pros and cons of each option.
- Create and implement the business transition plan.
- Hurdles and obstacles to watch out for that can derail the transition of the business.
- Discuss life post transition and the reasons this needs to be planned for well in advance of the business transition.
Diamond Capital Advisors