Caregiver Coalition Conference – The 3 P’s of Caregiving for the Sandwich GenerationJuly 12, 2018
Caregiver Coalition Event – Caring for Someone With DementiaJuly 27, 2018
August 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am – August 21, 2018 @ 4:30 pm
Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown
1531 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92101
Make the Best Use of Today’s Top Trusts
We’ve expanded on our top “Trusts 101” course to give you even more unique trusts structures, sample provisions language, and reasoning for which planning tools better suit specific client situations. Understand the key structures and uses of today’s top trusts and anticipate administration challenges and tax consequences. Register today!
- Get an update on the current laws and tax regs governing the trusts practice.
- Analyze all key factors in selecting the best trust option for each unique situation.
- Learn when and how IRA trusts are used.
- Define powers and duties of all trust parties to smooth implementation and prevent disputes.
- Save drafting time with sample trust language.
- Clarify who your client is to avoid conflicts of interest and other ethical violations.
- Minimize your client’s tax burdens with effective use of defective trusts.
- Get practical guidance for drafting unique, single purpose trusts for pets, ILITs, etc.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar is designed for professionals involved in drafting and administering trusts:
- Accountants and CPAs
- Trust Officers
- Tax Managers
- Wealth Managers
- Financial Planners
- Nursing Home Administrators
- Key Parties, Terms, Legal Concepts
- Revocable vs. Irrevocable and Revocable to Irrevocable
- Living vs. Testamentary Trusts
- Marital/Disclaimer Trusts Post-ATRA
- Grantor Trusts
- Medicaid-Planning Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Legal Ethics
- Asset Protection Trusts: Domestic and Offshore
- Charitable Trusts
- IRA Trusts
- Trust Decanting, Modification, Dissolution, and Constructive Trusts
- Tax Deduction with Trusts
- Other Trust Structures and Issues
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 12.00 *
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 14.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 1.20
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 14.00 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 14.00